After dating model girlfriend Hannah Quinlivan (昆凌) for 4 years, Mandopop superstar Jay Chou (周杰伦) is finally tying the knot with her on 18 January 2015, which coincides with his 36th birthday.
The wedding will take place in Europe with only 50 guests and is estimated to cost NT$10 million (S$417,000), according to Chou. A separate wedding banquet will be held in Taiwan for his 90-year old grandmother after his Europe ceremony.
Chou who is estimated to be worth about NT$5 billion (S$208 million) also revealed that he will not sign any pre-nuptial agreement with Hannah Quinlivan to protect his assets. Chou who have never applied for any credit cards and opts to only pay in cash said that the couple has always kept their finances separate.
“I often don’t have any cash on me, so I sometimes have to ask her to pay for our meals with her credit cards. I think that’s what being family should be like,” said the 35-year old singer.
Jay Chou also said that they hardly fought during the relationship due to very similar personalities even though they have a 14-year age gap. “Being with me is not easy. She is the one who is suffering the entire time,” added Chou. Jay Chou who is known to be filial and close to his mother went on to share that Quinlivan and he will live with his mother after marriage.
But who exactly is Hannah Quinlivan?
For those who still don’t know much about the soon-to-be Mrs Jay Chou that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, here are some quick facts about her:
- 21-year-old Hannah Quinlivan (昆凌), also known by her Chinese name as Wu Yi-chen, was born in Kaohsiung, Taiwan to an Australian father and a Taiwanese-Korean mother.
- She is 1.65 metres tall.
- Hannah was only 14 years old when she made her first TV appearance for a Taiwanese variety show called, “Guess, Guess, Guess”, hosted by Jacky Wu.
- Quinlivan is not Jay Chou’s first romantic partner. Fans will remember his high profile breakup with Taiwanese singer Jolin Tsai back in 2005 after talks about him dating then-news anchor Patty Hou.
- Quinlivan was first pictured with Chou in 2011 while they were on holiday in Paris. The rest is history.
- Being with the Asian superstar has its benefits. Hannah reportedly earned NT$8 million (S$340,000) last year. One of the most lucrative endorsement deals she raked was NT$1 million (S$42,000).
Images from 昆凌 Hannah Facebook