Measured on the amount of different nutrients and their density within, asparagus are one of the world’s healthiest foods (and ingredients). In celebration of that (and because they are in season), Gordon Grill and Min Jiang at One-North (Rochester Park) offer an entire menu that is inspired by white asparagus all throughout May.
What’s so special about Asparagus?
Often wrongly perceived as a boring vegetable, asparagus are actually really yummy and healthy. This spring veggie is 22 different nutrients, including vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, D, K, potassium, copper, iron, zinc, and protein – and most of them with a extremely high nutrient density rate. However, white asparagus are also loved for their sweet succulence and refreshing taste.
The Continental restaurant Gordon Grill and the modern Chinese restaurant Min Jiang at Rochester Park created a special menu that highlights the ingredient, which is imported from Germany, in its original form, incorporating it into delicious dishes.
What’s on the menu?
Gordon Grill presents this spring vegetable in a more classic form, simply blanched or grilled, and then served with grated egg, vinaigrette and Hollandaise sauce. Other menu highlight include:
- Norwegian smoked salmon, white asparagus panna cotta, pickled lime cucumber and parsley oil, $24
- Chilled white asparagus with Japanese seaweed, farm caviar and white truffle vinaigrette, $26
Pan-grilled scallop with white asparagus, baby spinach, mustard Hollandaise and warm morel mushroom sauce, $42
Min Jiang at One-North
Min Jiang at One-North offer their white asparagus menu during both lunch and dinner. This includes:
- Double boiled wild chicken consommé with wanton, white asparagus and dried scallop served in claypot 煲仔云吞白露笋炖干贝, $15 per person
- Braised sea perch, bean stick and white asparagus in supreme stock 浓汁卢鱼豆根白露笋, $18 per person
- Sautéed white asparagus with duo of mushrooms and crispy silver fish 银鱼仔双孤炒白露笋, $28 per order (serves 2-3 persons)
- Pan-fried fresh prawns with white asparagus in Min Jiang X.O. Chilli Sauce, X.O.酱虾球炒白芦笋, $35 per order (serves 2-3 persons)
- White asparagus topped with crabmeat sauce 蟹肉扒白芦笋 $38 per order (serves 2-3 persons)
- Stir fried white asparagus with fresh scallops 白芦笋炒带子 $42 per order (serves 2-3 persons)
What’s special about Gordon Grill and Min Jiang at One-North?
Gordon Grill opened its doors in 1963, and has since built a strong reputation for serving some of the finest steaks and Continental cuisine. The menu includes more than 50 different items, ranging from imported fresh seafood to grill items and desserts. One of the highlights here is the restaurant’s meat trolley service, which is wheeled to each table and each piece of beef is sliced, weighed and presented to diners before it is prepared and cooked to perfection.
Located in a heritage 3,000 square foot, two-storey black and white colonial bungalow, Min Jiang at One-North is an unforgettable destination for elegant Sichuan and Cantonese cuisine. Open since 2006, the restaurant’s bungalow is a beautiful alfresco wooden deck and an adjacent courtyard that serves as a relaxing dining area.
Gordon Grill and Min Jiang
Address: Goodwood Park Hotel, 22 Scotts Road, Singapore 228221
Hours: 12pm – 2.30pm, 7pm – 10.30pm
Phone: +65 6737 7411
The article “Try a Menu Dedicated to One of the World’s Healthiest Foods” first appeared on TheFoodstuff.com.